The World Games 2022 has now announced all 14 of the community venues that will host competitions when the historic event takes place next July in Birmingham, Alabama.
The World Games 2022, an international multisport event organized with the support of the International Olympic Committee, will hold its 11th edition in Birmingham from July 7–17, 2022. An anticipated 3,600 athletes will participate in 34 sports.
“All of these venues offer a unique experience to both fans and competitors,” said The World Games 2022 Chief Executive Officer Nick Sellers. “These locations were carefully selected as the best Birmingham has to offer and we’re excited for them to host the best ever edition of The World Games.”
Each venue will include The World Games 2022-branded signage and décor. The venues will be:
- Avondale Park – Archery
- Barber Motorsports Park – Drone Racing, Canopy Piloting
- Birmingham Crossplex – Inline Hockey, Artistic Roller Skating, Speed Skating, Wheelchair Rugby, Lifesaving, Finswimming, Canoe Polo
- Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex – DanceSport, Gymnastics, Bowling, Korfball, Floorball, Powerlifting, Billiards
- Birmingham Southern College – Fistball, Orienteering (sprint), Karate, Wushu, Ju-Jitsu
- Boutwell Auditorium – Sumo, Kickboxing, Muaythai
- Hoover Metropolitan Complex – Softball
- John Carrol Catholic High School – Flying Disc
- Legion Field – Flag Football
- Oak Mountain State Park – Waterski/Wakeboard, Canoe Marathon, Orienteering (Middle Distance)
- Protective Stadium – Opening and Closing Ceremonies
- Railroad Park – Duathlon, Orienteering (Sprint Relay)
- Sloss Furnaces – Sport Climbing, DanceSport (Breaking), Gymnastics (Parkour), Beach Handball
- University of Alabama at Birmingham – Lacrosse, Racquetball, Squash, Flying Disc, Tug of War, Boules Sports
In addition to hosting sports during the event, the University of Alabama at Birmingham will serve as the foundation sponsor for The World Games 2022 Legacy Memorial and as the presenting sponsor of UAB Athlete Village, which will serve as housing for athletes, coaches and officials. UAB Medicine will also be the presenting sponsor for athletics and spectator medical services at The World Games 2022 venues.