The 2024 NHL Stadium Series will take place February 17-18 at MetLife Stadium, the home of the NFL’s New York Jets and New York Giants, with the Philadelphia Flyers facing the New Jersey Devils and the New York Rangers facing the New York Islanders in an event that will be the first time four NHL teams have played outdoor games at the same venue in front of fans.
The doubleheader will be the 40th and 41st NHL regular-season outdoor games. The Flyers have played in five regular-season outdoor games (1-3-1), the Rangers have played in four (4-0-0), and both the Devils (0-1-0) and Islanders (0-1-0) have played in one such game. All four teams are longtime division rivals, including periods in the Patrick Division (1982-1993), Atlantic Division (1993-2013) and Metropolitan Division (2013-Present).
This is the first time that New Jersey is hosting the event and the first NHL Stadium Series to feature games on consecutive days. The New Jersey Sports & Exposition Authority will provide operational support to the MetLife Sports Complex, which has hosted the first outdoor, cold-weather Super Bowl XLVIII, WrestleMania 29 and 35, the Copa America Centenario Final and 2021 Army-Navy Game. MetLife Stadium will serve as an official match venue and New York/New Jersey an official Host City for the 2026 FIFA World Cup.
The Flyers hold a nine-point advantage over the Devils in 264 regular-season games played and the teams have split their six Stanley Cup Playoffs matchups. In 289 regular-season games, the Rangers hold a three-point advantage over the Islanders while the Islanders have won five of the eight Stanley Cup Playoffs series against the Rangers.
Navy Federal Credit Union returns as the title sponsor for the fourth time. The announcement made over the weekend is the final piece of the league’s series of overseas and marquee events, including
- The Arizona Coyotes and Los Angeles Kings will play in the 2023 Global Series on September 23 and September 24 at Rod Laver Arena, home of the Australian Open.
- The 2023 Global Series from November 16-19 in Sweden as the Detroit Red Wings, Minnesota Wild, Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leafs will play a round-robin set of regular-season games in Stockholm.
- The 2023 Heritage Classic will feature the Calgary Flames and Edmonton Oilers on October 29, 2023, at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta.
- The 2024 Winter Classic will be January 1, 2024, at T-Mobile Field in Seattle between the hometown Kraken and the Vegas Golden Knights.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs will host 2024 All-Star Weekend at Scotiabank Arena with the All-Star Skills on February 2, 2024 and the All-Star Game on February 3, 2024.